Re: Boeing XRI Use Cases

Mark,

I believe that you do not need a new URI scheme to extract information from
URIs.  HTML would have needed to create HTMLFORMSURI: or somesuch to do
forms in URIs using your example.  I will again bring up URI templates and
the metadata in URI TAG finding.  I believe that a scheme whereby xris are
denoted by http:// + some authority that can do XRI resolution (such as
David Booth's purl.org suggestion) + a specific format for such URIs is
completely within Web arch.  There's no division of the information space
and web browsers can do GETs on the URIs without special software.  I'm
certainly not prepared to lobby the XRI folks any further than this.  If
they do provide URIs using http:// schemes, I cannae ask them more laddie.

Cheers,
Dave