Re: Not UDP? Re: Proposed HTML ping attribute

On Jan 17, 2008, at 6:15 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> ...I'm thinking of firewalls I deployed in the finance industry.
> Don't know how common that level of strictness is (it certainly
> isn't in the IT industry itself, but we're atypical).

That's true -- the financial sector has (or at least had) a lot of
event-based systems that used RPC or message-passing over UDP.
It would be kind of bad for them to let that stuff leak.  OTOH,
they probably wouldn't be keen on automating traversal pings
from inside their networks anyway.

....Roy