RE: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider.

From: Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) <skw@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:03:55 +0000
To: Ed Davies <edavies@nildram.co.uk>
CC: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>, Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>

Hello Ed,

> Give or take a few quibbles, 303 and rdfs:seeAlso are pretty
> much equivalent.

Ok...

> If such "conformance" is really required
> then wouldn't there also be a need for a strong version of
> rdfs:seeAlso with similar guarantees?
> If such a property hasn't been missed for a while then surely
> that's an indication that this conformance rule is not required.

I think that there are folk in the community who do indeed want a stronger version of rdfs:seeAlso. No doubt they could craft such a property for use within their own specific domain. However, *if* there are folks in different domains with a broadly similar requirement - it would likely be better to try to address it in a single domain independent way that (with goodwill) could achieve widespread adoption.

> Ed Davies.

Stuart
--
Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks RG12 1HN
Registered No: 690597 England