RE: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider.

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:24:46 -0800
To: "Richard Cyganiak" <richard@cyganiak.de>, "Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)" <skw@hp.com>
Cc: <www-tag@w3.org>, "Graham Klyne" <GK@ninebynine.org>, "Jonathan Borden" <jonathan@openhealth.org>

<snip/>

> Regarding the Resource-PropertyValue header, I propose to
> generalize it into a Subject-Predicate-Object header. We
> could build the Semantic Web using only HTTP HEAD. I also
> propose new HTTP verbs HEADPOST, HEADPUT and HEADDELETE to
> modify all those new HTTP headers.
>
> Best,
> Richard

:-)

Perhaps we could generalize this further and have a generic "thing"
header, that could be xml or n3 or whatever, and your new verbs would
use the "thing" as the object for their respective operations?  And
while we are at it, let's fix the bodyless get problem and have a
HEADQUERY that use the thing as the query object.  Could we fix some of
the security issues too?

Cheers,
Dave