Re: Extensibility and Uniformity; defining "error" behavior

Sorry ...

From: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:23:00 +0100, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
> wrote:
>> I think you are talking about "uniformity" when you use the word
>> "interoperability".
>
> FWIW, the W3C generally uses the word "interoperability" where you say
> "uniformity". See e.g. http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/#crec

Yes, it often does, and it's wrong.

By the way, where it says "There must be at least two interoperable
implementations...." I think the intent is to say "There must be at least
two conforming implementations ...", not "There must be at least two
uniform(?) implementations ..."

In any case "interoperable" is not the proper term to use. I argued this for
several years and eventually gave up.  But I have to back Larry up on this.
His definition is the traditional one in standards.

--Ray