Re: ZIP-based packages and URI references into them ODF proposal

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:34:45 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Ian Hickson wrote:
>>> Yes.
>> OK, where, specifically, is the serialization defined?
>
> It's not allowed.

Wow, great.

So I conclude that HTML5 does not address extensibility at all. I think
it should.

>>> Oh, well, I'm sure it can be said more tersely, sure. (Just out of
>>> interest, how would you phrase it?)
>> I'd try to reduce repetition.
>
> I thought I had tried to reduce repetition. Could you show the text you
> would use? If it is better, I should use it in HTML5 for equivalent
> passages.

I would just state what the two allowed values are, and what they
indicate. Stating "if ... is present..." is (IMHO) unneeded; it it's not
present, it won't have one of the values by definition.

BR, Julian