W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > December 2008

TAG weekly 20 Nov 2008 minutes for review: tagSoupIntegration-54, uriBasedPackageAccess-61

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 10:57:36 -0600
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1228409856.6924.89.camel@pav.lan>

apologies for lateness...

http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/11/20-tagmem-minutes

                              TAG Weekly

20 Nov 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/11/20-agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-tagmem-irc

Attendees

   Present
          skw, Ashok_Malhotra, DanC, jar, DaveO, Ht, Timbl, noah

   Regrets
          TimBL(part), Noah(part), Raman, Norm

   Chair
          Stuart Williams

   Scribe
          Dan Connolly

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Convene
         2. [6]Issue tagSoupIntegration-54
         3. [7]Issue uriBasedPackageAccess-61
         4. [8]Safe Javascript and web apps security
         5. [9]F2F Tue-Thu 9-11 Dec 2008 Planning
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <skw> Scribe: Dan Connolly

Convene

   <jar> i'm here

   PROPOSED: to accept [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/13-tagmem-minutes

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/13-tagmem-minutes

   RESOLVED to approve version of 2008/11/14 12:40:01

   27th Nov cancelled

   RESOLUTION: to meet 4 Dec, Noah to scribe

Issue tagSoupIntegration-54

   action-188?

   <trackbot> ACTION-188 -- Dan Connolly to investigate the
   URL/IRI/Larry Masinter possible resolution of the URL/HTML5 issue.
   -- due 2008-11-19 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [12]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/188

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/188

   [13]http://homer.w3.org/~connolly/projects/urlp/raw-file/tip/tinker.
   html

     [13] http://homer.w3.org/~connolly/projects/urlp/raw-file/tip/tinker.html

   (scribe is negligent at this point; needs help)

   <skw> DanC demonstrates his progress on issue-188 by reference to
   the above page.

   <skw> Presents Javascript parsing of ABNF grammar to construct
   exploded grammar(??)

   <skw> Headed toward compiling to a regexp.

   <skw> ht: CMSMCQ started along a similar path a year or two back

   <skw> Some discussion of prgamatics - and multiple parsing of ??

   <skw> danc: TAG visted HTML-WG to discuss splitting the spec.

   <DanC_> [14]HTML5 Specification - List of sections and corresponding
   work estimates Ian Hickson (Monday, 27 October)

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Oct/0127.html

   <skw> ... Ian Hickson has offer estaimates of workload/expertise to
   split the editing task.

   <jar> I fear I don't have enough of a big picture view to understand
   why 2.5.2 and following are so hairy. But no one would do this
   voluntarily, so something must be going on.

   <skw> danc: thinks that good technical writers can add alot to a
   document without being subject experts.

   <ht> HST notes that "Legacy extended IRIs for XML resource
   identification" [15]http://www.w3.org/TR/leiri/ is relevant here

     [15] http://www.w3.org/TR/leiri/

   <skw> ht: Ian Hickson agreed that the LEIRI spec addresses the
   promblem of spaces in URI, but not the problem of document character
   encoding inparameter strings

   <Zakim> DanC, you wanted to note james clark's
   [16]http://blog.jclark.com/2008/11/what-allowed-in-uri.html

     [16] http://blog.jclark.com/2008/11/what-allowed-in-uri.html

   <jar> The strings "html" and "browser" do not occur in the jclark
   post

   <skw> You can find him at: jeremy (at) topquadrant.com

   action-188?

   <trackbot> ACTION-188 -- Dan Connolly to investigate the
   URL/IRI/Larry Masinter possible resolution of the URL/HTML5 issue.
   -- due 2008-11-20 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/188

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/188

   action-188 due 31 Dec 2008

   <trackbot> ACTION-188 Investigate the URL/IRI/Larry Masinter
   possible resolution of the URL/HTML5 issue. due date now 31 Dec 2008

   action-188?

   <trackbot> ACTION-188 -- Dan Connolly to investigate the
   URL/IRI/Larry Masinter possible resolution of the URL/HTML5 issue.
   -- due 2008-12-30 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/188

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/188

   action-188 due 27 Nov 2008

   <trackbot> ACTION-188 Investigate the URL/IRI/Larry Masinter
   possible resolution of the URL/HTML5 issue. due date now 27 Nov 2008

   DanC: Mike's action from the joint ftf is now done.

   <skw> danc: Mike Smith as completed his HTML-WG action itemto
   motivate HTML WG discussion of spec modularization.

   HT: the public-html thread includes discussion of XML error handling

   (mike smith's action, to wit:
   [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/77 )

     [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/77

   <ht> Here's pointer to (near) the beginning of the error handling
   thread:
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Nov/0102.htm
   l

     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Nov/0102.html

Issue uriBasedPackageAccess-61

   <skw> partial survey:
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Oct/0126.html

     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Oct/0126.html

   earlier discussion;
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/11/06-minutes#item05

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/11/06-minutes#item05

   <DanC_> [23]ZIP-based packages and URI references into them ODF
   proposal Larry Masinter (Friday, 31 October)

     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Oct/0126.html

   <skw> Found:
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/20-wam-minutes.html#item12

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/20-wam-minutes.html#item12

   <DanC_> "DanC: and the fact that it's not easily guessable

   <DanC_> ... if that it's not easily guessable is a requirement

   <DanC_> ... then that rules out domain names."

   <DanC_> MC: we want to finish this within 3 months.

   <DanC_> DanC: are there any test cases for this?

   <DanC_> MC: no

   <DanC_> ... we're starting an implementation now"

   <scribe> ACTION: stuart to notify webapps wg that TAG is unlikely to
   meet the 3 month timeframe and ask for notification when tests
   relevant to widget URIs become available [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-tagmem-irc]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-tagmem-irc

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-196 - Notify webapps wg that TAG is
   unlikely to meet the 3 month timeframe and ask for notification when
   tests relevant to widget URIs become available [on Stuart Williams -
   due 2008-11-27].

Safe Javascript and web apps security

   <timbl> Zaim, mute whoever is making noise

   <noah> Noah joins the call.

   [26]http://www.w3.org/TR/access-control/#requirements

     [26] http://www.w3.org/TR/access-control/#requirements

   [27]http://www.w3.org/TR/access-control/#use-cases

     [27] http://www.w3.org/TR/access-control/#use-cases

   timbl: the "access control spec" has a misnomer for a name
   ... I'm not sure adding domains to the model improves things

   <jar> I'm totally confused on the relation between the W3C effort on
   safe javascript, Crockford, and Google (Mark Miller / Caja).

   DanC: thanks for getting some requirements in the access control
   spec
   ... DaveO

   [28]http://www.w3.org/TR/access-control/#use-cases

     [28] http://www.w3.org/TR/access-control/#use-cases

   TimBL: yes, that 1st bullet is a sentence; read a comma before
   "this"

   DanC: OK.

   "If the contacts part of an e-mail application allows a social
   networking site to add contacts, this could be done through a
   cross-site PUT requests."

   (timbl has told me a story about fedex and AA.com that I grokked on
   some days.)

F2F Tue-Thu 9-11 Dec 2008 Planning

   <timbl> Pointer to survey?

   <timbl> [29]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/F2FPriorities200812/

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/F2FPriorities200812/

   SKW: we have one more pre-ftf telcon, 4 Dev
   ... agenda is due at T-14 days, 27 Nov

   <skw> [30]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/F2FPriorities200812/

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/F2FPriorities200812/

   action-194?

   <trackbot> ACTION-194 -- Noah Mendelsohn to revise Self-Describing
   Web Draft Finding in response to September 2008 F2F meeting -- due
   2008-11-25 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/194

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/194

   <jar> nov 25 = 2 weeks before f2f

   [32]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/F2FPriorities200812/results

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/F2FPriorities200812/results

   [33]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/F2FPriorities200812/

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/F2FPriorities200812/

   [34]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/F2FPriorities200812/results

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/F2FPriorities200812/results

   <Ashok> Sorry, guys .... gotta go!

   action-194 due 5 Dec 2008

   hello? trackbot?

   <trackbot> ACTION-194 Revise Self-Describing Web Draft Finding in
   response to September 2008 F2F meeting due date now 5 Dec 2008

   <timbl> The Abstract and Intro of aCaja look actually rather
   interesting. "Caja represents our discovery that a subset of
   JavaScript is an object-capability language"

   <jar> The Caja principal (Mark S Miller) is involved in Ecmascript
   standards process...

   ACTION-183 due 2 Dec 2008

   <trackbot> ACTION-183 Incorporate formalism into versioning
   compatibility strategies due date now 2 Dec 2008

   <jar> I think it would be a mistake for the web apps WG to overlook
   Caja

   Caja... quite... pls note that in a comment in the survey

   <timbl> "Caja is an enforced subset of JavaScript we designed to
   make as

   <timbl> little impact as possible on regular JavaScript
   programming.."

   <jar> OK, thanks

   ADJOURN.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: stuart to notify webapps wg that TAG is unlikely to
   meet the 3 month timeframe and ask for notification when tests
   relevant to widget URIs become available [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-tagmem-irc]

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-tagmem-irc

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [36]scribe.perl version 1.134
    ([37]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/12/04 16:55:52 $

     [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
Received on Thursday, 4 December 2008 16:58:10 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:08 GMT