Re: Question about the On Linking Alternative Representations TAG Finding

T.V Raman wrote:
> but we already live in a muddled Web, where this distinction has
> been all but erased by the various bizarre uses seen on the
> Web. I personally dont see any value on insisting on the
> difference any more.

Raman,

We are absolutely dead in the water if we cannot distinguish identity
from representation via URIs -)

Web User can't, and/or will not make, the distinction, but they aren't
the architects of the Web.

We have to fashion architecture dexterous enough  for unobtrusive tweaks
that bubble up to the Web User space.

Linked Data's use of derferencable URIs is a good example of an
unobtrusive tweak that provides a substrate for Web enhancement without
changing Web User behavior i.e., Users continue to use the Web in
bizarre ways without adversely affecting it's essence (a mesh of
interlnked data that extends beyond information resource containers).

Kingsley

--

Regards,

President & CEO