measuring popularity of various markup idioms? [tagSoupIntegration ISSUE-54]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:14:21 -0500
To: www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>

In the HTML WG, Ian Hickson sometimes does statistical measurements
of HTML usage using google's index of the web. These studies are
really nice, but they would be even nicer if we could confirm
them from independent sources.

A few weeks back, we had a discussion of this...
  "Can we get access to tools that determine how often markup is used on
the web?"
  http://www.w3.org/2008/02/21-html-wg-minutes#item05

And as the TAG was about to have a ftf meeting, I took an action
to ask about it there.
  http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/55

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to fit it into the recent
meeting in Vancouver, but I suppose the question is still relevant,
so I'll ask here. Can we get access to such tools?

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E