Re: Announcement: "Cool URIs for the Semantic Web" - W3C SWEO IG Note

On 09/04/2008, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us> wrote:

> ------------
>
> "When using 303 URIs for an ontology, like FOAF, network delay can reduce
> a client's performance considerable."
>
> This sentence is not grammatical English.

My bad ;-)
I did the lang=en checking but missed this one.

Re. danbri's point, the substance does seem a little off - slash URI
namespaces are likely to cause some performance hit, but "considerable"
seems excessive. Definitely a hint on caching would have been a good idea,
and FOAF shouldn't have been singled out as an example. I'm not sure of
editorial policy, would changing this break anything?

(I have special glasses that cloud over on philosophical issues, so I'm not
taking any responsibility there :-)

Cheers,
Danny.

Rewrite to: