Re: reference needed - w3.org versioned documents

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 14:41:16 -0400
Cc: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, "Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)" <skw@hp.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>

On Apr 3, 2008, at 1:56 PM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> On 3 Apr 2008, at 18:02, Jonathan Rees wrote:
>> The utility of httpRange-14 is significantly reduced as long as
>> not all minters of URIs for non-IRs adhere to it. I have no idea
>> what the penetration of httpRange-14 is, but my guess is that it
>> is and will remain low.
>
> Any backup for that guess?

Nope, sorry - that's why I called it a guess. I know of people using
URIs to name non-IRs who either disagree with httpRange-14, or do not
know about it, or cannot arrange for 303s, so there is some
noncompliance out there.  Even if penetration is prettty high, a few
bad apples will spoil the bunch, in situations where it matters (not
that I know what those are, but I assume they exist).

Of course it would be delightful if there were perfect compliance.