Triggering 303's (was: XML Schema draft populates the intersection ...)

From: Mikael Nilsson <mikael@nilsson.name>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:09:59 +0200
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>, www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>

fre 2007-09-28 klockan 14:28 -0500 skrev Dan Connolly:

> (b) publishing only RDF without the HTML is pretty useful.
> If you decide later that you want HTML, you can add it.
> Note that it suffices to do a 303 redirect for .html;
> you don't need to redirect in both cases. You can
> just return the RDF in a 200 response to GET /doc .

I see here the pattern

<doc#term> - non-info resource

<doc> -> 200 OK, RDF/XML
<doc> -> 303 See Other, <doc.html>, HTML

and

<doc/term> - non-info resource

<doc/term> -> 303 See Other, <doc/term.html>, HTML
<doc/term> -> 303 See Other, <doc/term.rdf>, RDF/XML

It worries me slightly that we now have a mechanism for getting RDF
information about non-info resources, but we have no way of getting
similar information about information resources, such as

<doc> - information resource

<doc> -> 200 OK, HTML
<doc> -> 303 See Other, RDF/XML  <<==== How to trigger this?

For symmetry, WebArch would be well served if there would be a
well-defined way to trigger such "See Other" responses.

/Mika

--
<mikael@nilsson.name>

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose