Re: HTTP Endpoints and Resources

Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) wrote:
> What the 200 and 303 cases have in common is that the server's response
> indicates that the URI owner has associated the URI with a resource,
> i.e., the URI owner has "minted" or "allocated" the URI.  (Slight
> digression: hence the server's response can be viewed as "declaring"[3]
> that URI.)  ...

Is this actually true for a 303?  Suppose some joker
sends you the URI:

   http://t-d-b.org?http://edavies.me.uk/1907/wibble

and you wonder if I, the URI owner (by delegation [1]),
has really associated a resource with this rather odd
looking URI.  You do a GET on it and get a 303 response
back.  Do you now know anything about the association
of the URI that you didn't before you tried this?  Other,
that is, than a location to go and see if you can get
any more information (you can't in this case)?

Ed Davies.

[1] http://thing-described-by.org/