Re: Subgroup to handle semantics of HTTP etc?

Mark Baker wrote:
> I should probably point out that I jotted down some thoughts on this
> subject a few years back;
>
> http://www.markbaker.ca/2002/03/RestRDF/

I'd also throw the work of the old HTTP-NG group into the mix, if only
for reference. They tried to describe the Web as we know and love it in
terms of distributed object interfaces. (This was before XML and Web
Services killed of the planetary aspirations of CORBA and friends...).

http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-HTTP-NG-interfaces/
  HTTP-NG Web Interfaces
  W3C Working Draft 10 July 1998
"This draft document describes an initial set of extensible formal
object interfaces that allow some of the basic functionality of HTTP to
be captured in the HTTP-NG framework."

Also w.r.t. HTTP compliance (as mentioned by TimBL) the Web
Characterization Activity, http://www.w3.org/WCA/ did some studies
around 1998/99. That page links to:

http://www.research.att.com/~bala/papers/ietf99.ps (postscript), "HTTP
Compliance Results"