Re: article on URIs, is this material that can be used by the SWEO IG?

From: Leo Sauermann <leo.sauermann@dfki.de>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 19:16:11 +0200
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
CC: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>, www-tag@w3.org

I only kick in with some practical input ...

It was Pat Hayes who said at the right time 31.05.2007 09:05 the
following words:
>> Pat Hayes scripsit:
>>>  > For example,
>>  > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakespeare is a subject indicator for
>>  > >Shakespeare.
>>>  But it also mentions Stratford-on-Avon, Mary Arden, and many other
>>>  things. Why is it not just as much 'about' them?
>> Because I don't so employ it.
> OK, fair enough. But then it follows that there is nothing *intrinsic*
> to that resource that makes it be a subject indicator for Shakespeare.
> It is so simply because you say it is. But when I read that resource,
> how do I gain access to *your* intention that it shall be a subject
> indicator? What readable resource is it that tells me that
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakespeare is a subject indicator for
> Shakespeare ?

Semantic MediaWiki has done that technically:

You see how the links are done for example here:

The "concept identifiers" or concept URIs are of this like:

I don't know if they do the 303 thingy, but I think they do, because Max
is in the devleopers, and he co-authored our paper in question, so he
should know.

kindest regards

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +49 631 20575-116
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann@dfki.de

Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313