Re: (Partial) review of Versioning XML

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:26:12 -0400
To: Marc de Graauw <marc@marcdegraauw.com>
Cc: 'John Cowan' <cowan@ccil.org>, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com, 'Norman Walsh' <ndw@nwalsh.com>, 'David Orchard' <dorchard@bea.com>, www-tag@w3.org

Marc de Graauw scripsit:

> | In shorter, a language is a (mathematical) set of XML documents.
>
> Which means giving an extensional definition of a language,

How so?  Most sets are defined intensionally.  For example, the set of
natural numbers can be defined intensionally thus:

	N = {x | Succ(x) \in N & Succ(x) != 0}

where Succ is the successor function.  N is also countably infinite,
like the set of XHTML 1.0 documents.

Otherwise, I think we are in violent agreement.

--
John Cowan   <cowan@ccil.org>   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
One time I called in to the central system and started working on a big