Re: Describing the "nature" of a resource

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 09:53:32 -0400
To: "Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)" <skw@hp.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) scripsit:

> I think the assertions that tried out below are assertions about nature
> of some representations, rather than assertions about resources (except
> indirectly in cases where the resource has a single representation that
> is either invariant over time or the assertions are maintained in sync
> with changes).

Lots of perfectly sensible metadata is about representations rather than
resources: the creation date, for example, is typically the creation
date of the representation.

--
I suggest you call for help,                    John Cowan
or learn the difficult art of mud-breathing.    cowan@ccil.org