Re: State, when to use GET, and accountability

I'm not concerned so much with cases in which a cache is being used on
behalf of a single user of HTTP;  my real concern was about shared proxy
caches, which are quite common.  With those, you might request some
information using HTTP GET, and your access would be appropriately
recorded at the origin server.   My concern is with the case in which I
come along to request the same information, but a proxy cache somewhere in
the network satisfies the request without contacting the origin server. My
access is likely not recorded, except in the unusual special case that the
proxy and the origin server are cooperating on maintaining the audit
trail.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street