RE: Terminology (was Re: article on URIs, is this material that can be used by the)

From: Rhys Lewis <rhys@volantis.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, "Pat Hayes" <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, "Dan Brickley" <danbri@danbri.org>, "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>, "Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org>, <www-tag@w3.org>

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to thank people for the discussions on this thread, and a
couple of others in the area of terminology and how TAG tends to use words
like representation.

I've been a member of the TAG for a scant few months, and still regard
myself as on a steep learning curve on this particular topic area. I see
my role, as editor of the httpRange-14 finding, primarily as trying to
capture adequately the wisdom of others.

So, like Dan, I declare an interest in getting this right, in thinking
about these questions and in writing it down in a useful form.

I'd also like to reserve the right to ask really dumb questions from time
to time...

Best wishes
Rhys