RE: [passwordInTheClear-52]: A summary of where I think we are.

I think it would be hard for a browser to tell the difference between
low-security and non-low-security sites.  So trying to have the browser
do something for the non-low-security sites and avoid prompting on
low-security seems impossible.

I think that the people that don't want to be prompted and know that the
site is low security is in a very small majority of the users of the
web.

I'd really like to still have the reliable basis to advise that UA's
detect weakly protected password transfers.

This would help any of the users of the non-low-security sites and
perhaps prompt them to raise their security.  Who knows, maybe also the
low-security sites would raise their security level to avoid the UA's
advising about their password transfers.

Cheers,
Dave