Re: How to name what you get back? was: Terminology Question concerning Web Architecture and Linked Data

>Hi,
>
>Pat Hayes wrote:
>>>Sandro,
>>>
>>>You should read it well: Chris speaks about "the description.......that
>>>identifies....". That is not necessarily a name.
>>
>>True, but Sando's point is that this description is returned when
>>you use a particular name (URI) to access the thing identified. If
>>you use a different name of the very same thing, you may well get a
>>different description returned. So the description is OF the thing
>>identified, but is ASSOCIATED with the name, in the sense that only
>>this name may get this particular description returned to you by
>>HTTP.
>I don't know what is the "right" word. Just present a use-case that
>Different name can get the SAME description returned.  For instance,
>I can lumped all the information about my family members in just one
>document. Then,  when the name of different family members are
>dereferenced, the same description (i.e., information document) will
>be returned.  So, the description is not necessarily OF the thing
>identified.  It only needs to contain something about the thing
>identified, right?

Right, thanks. Indeed, it is very hard to make that notion of a
description being OF some one thing very precise.

Pat

>Xiaoshu

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell