Re: How to name what you get back? was: Terminology Question concerning Web Architecture and Linked Data

Hi,

Pat Hayes wrote:
>> Sandro,
>>
>> You should read it well: Chris speaks about "the description.......that
>> identifies....". That is not necessarily a name.
>
> True, but Sando's point is that this description is returned when you
> use a particular name (URI) to access the thing identified. If you use
> a different name of the very same thing, you may well get a different
> description returned. So the description is OF the thing identified,
> but is ASSOCIATED with the name, in the sense that only this name may
> get this particular description returned to you by HTTP.
I don't know what is the "right" word. Just present a use-case that
Different name can get the SAME description returned.  For instance, I
can lumped all the information about my family members in just one
document. Then,  when the name of different family members are
dereferenced, the same description (i.e., information document) will be
returned.  So, the description is not necessarily OF the thing
identified.  It only needs to contain something about the thing
identified, right?

Xiaoshu