Re: interesting hash in URLs

Note that one explicit goal of my original message was not to be
judgemental in any way about that particular use of '#'. That is
why I (intentionally)
made the question appear naive i.e. asked "What does this '#'
mean?"--

I think  this is an interesting issue from a Web Arch perspective
because client-side interpretation of URI fragments are  mostly
underspecified --