From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:45:56 -0400
To: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Norm Walsh writes:

> Did I imply that? That wasn't my intent.

No, you didn't, and I apologize for the implication that you implied that

Seriously, I've just seen so many people over the years saying "Surely
namespaces must be used THIS way", for some variation in the value of
THIS, that I had some concern that the apparent endorsement or even the
kind words about NVDL might be taken as suggesting that the idioms it best
supports were preferred.  You didn't say that, but if NVDL is discussed
positively (and I have no problem at all with doing so), I think it might
be useful to provide nearby a brief reminder of where it fits into the
bigger picture, and an indication that the things it does well are often
but not always the best way to set up your XML versioning architecture.
Sorry for the confusion.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street