Re: NVDL

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:30:42 -0400
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
Cc: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, www-tag@w3.org

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com scripsit:

> I'm not an NVDL expert, but my impression is that it's not focussed
> primarily on such idioms.  In summary, I have no problem pointing to NVDL
> as an example of good practice for the things it does well;  I would like
> to avoid appearing in so doing to discourage use of languages in which
> different versions share a namespace, or in which the same version of a
> language freely mixes bits from many namespaces.

Fortunately, RELAX NG handles both of those cases extremely well, and
need not match on a particular element name any more than a particular
namespace name: it can match a document on all of its content using an
appropriately loose schema or by providing a union (choice) of schemas.

--
Well, I have news for our current leaders       John Cowan
and the leaders of tomorrow: the Bill of        cowan@ccil.org