Re: microformats, profiles, and taking back rel/class names [standardizedFieldValues-51]

From: Ed Davies <edavies@nildram.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:47:04 +0100
To: www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>

Karl Dubost wrote:
> I wonder if authoring tools (CMS, forms, standalone applications)
> make it easier to edit the link more than head. I should try to
> review that.

Maybe the answer is to allow the profile attribute on most
(X)HTML elements, rather than just the head.

This would allow:

1. Easy setting of the profile on documents where the
overall page contents is not under the user's control
(e.g., some blogging systems).

2. Use of profiles in (X)HTML fragments, such as in Atom
feeds (almost the same as 1).

3. Use of distinct profiles with clashing class names in
different parts of a document.