Re: Linked Data Page Example: [Linking-open-data] Terminology Question concerning Web Architecture and Linked Data

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>>>
>>> Depends on the characteristics of the property "owl:sameAs" as used
>>> in Tim's "Universe of Discourse" (Data Space) and here is why:
>>>
>>> Yes, if in Tim's Data Space Definition he asserts that "owl:sameAs"
>>> is an "owl:SymmetricProperty" then his usage is unambiguous, as this
>>> should result in identical triples when you SPARQL against his Data
>>> Space using either URI (assuming we are not modeling the Web as a
>>> single Graph). Of course, this assumes the SPARQL processor has
>>> inference capabilities. Otherwise, "rdfs:seeAlso" would be the
>>> preferred property as this is unambiguous (i.e. the aforementioned
>>> URIs will produce varied Triples without introducing confusion).
>> In retrospect, the statement above is *incorrect* since "owl:sameAs"
>> means the URIs in the Domain and Range are to be treated as
>> "Identical".  It's up to RDF Clients / Consumers (e.g. Browsers and
>> SPARQL Processors) to ensure that identical Triples are dereferenced
>> from said URIs. Thus, Tim's usage is unambiguous :-)
>>

> All,
>
> Missing from the above is a SPARQL example.
> Graph URI: http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i
>
> Query1:
>
> select distinct ?s ?p ?o
> where {{<http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i> ?p ?o }
>         union
>       {?s ?o <http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i>}
>      }
>
> Query2:
>
> select distinct ?s ?p ?o
> where {{<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Tim_Berners-Lee> ?p ?o }
>         union
>       {?s ?o <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Tim_Berners-Lee>}
>      }
>

> If the SPARQL Processor supports inferencing then Queries 1 & 2 should
> produce identical results (Triples) for the Graph URI:
> http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i
All,

Here are two Dynamic Linked Data pages that demonstrates client side
smushing/meshing of data from TimBL's Data Space
<http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i > and DBpedia via Tim's use
of "owl:sameAs" .

1.
http://demo.openlinksw.com/DAV/home/demo/Public/Queries/DataWeb/TimBL_Personal_URI_Smushing_DBpedia_URI.isparql