Re: XML Binding Language (XBL) 2.0 -- Agenda item?

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:06:35 +0100, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
wrote:
> Thanks, this is being helpful, can we keep going:
>
> So if I bind a bit of script to an on_hover event wrt an element whose
> rendering has been re-ordered with respect to the rendering of its
> any constructed content?  The appearance of "this.shadowTree" in the
> example in the introduction to the current WD suggest otherwise, that
> is, that XBL2 should be diagrammed as
>
>  XBL2:
>    Original DOM -> XBL2 -> Shadow DOM

Fair enough, yes, you can access the "Shadow DOM" but since the "Original
DOM" isn't modified scripts that are not aware of a "Shadow DOM" won't
break and the semantics of the "Original DOM" stay the same since it isn't
modified. Only through a special attribute you can get access to the
rendering view.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>