XML Binding Language (XBL) 2.0 -- Agenda item?

Not sure how you concluded that it's a "half way house" between
xslt and javascript.

I'd better describe XBL as   follows:

Given that you have

A)    A document markup tree  using a certain XML vocabulary

B)    You have the desire to associate certain forms of behavior
to that markup tree -- be that styling or interaction behavior in
   response to events,

C) That you have authored such styling via CSS and such event
handlers as JavaScript,

then XBL gives you a mechanism of declaring the association
between (A) and (C)

Henry S. Thompson writes:

--
Best Regards,