RE: TAG - Password in clear text. ;-)

Yep.. Dilbert did a series on Passwords this month as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Connolly [mailto:connolly@w3.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 4:23 PM
To: Rice, Ed (ProCurve)
Cc: Mary Ellen Zurko; Noah Mendelsohn; Vincent.Quint@inrialpes.fr;
www-tag@w3.org
Subject: RE: TAG - Password in clear text. ;-)

And how for something completely different...

"Several months ago I decided to turn over a new leaf and start using
better passwords.  So when I got this cool new Sony Vaio laptop, I set
it up with a really good password that I had never used before.  It was
long and it contained a bunch of mixed case letters and numbers and
funky punctuation.  I made sure nobody was ever going to guess this
password.

The new password on my laptop is "Eric".  And just in case I forget my
name, I'm going to write it on the outside of the case with a Sharpie."
http://software.ericsink.com/entries/Technology_Dependence.html

Read the rest for a chuckle.

(you might remember Eric Sink as the chair of the IETF HTML WG back in
1994 or so.)

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E