IRIEverywhere-27 addressed by XQuery and other recent W3C Recommendations?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:36:06 -0600
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Tim,

A while back, you drafted some questions and formulas
about the relationships between URIs and IRIs.
  http://www.w3.org/2003/04/iri.html

I think these have been answered in the XQuery F&O specs
and the XML Namespaces 1.1 Recommendation.

For example... hmm... I'm having trouble coming up with
an example; the notation was clear to me at one point,
but I'm having trouble following the arguments now.

I wonder if you'd like to help me figure out if
the new specs address these questions to your
satisfaction?

for reference...
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2007/01/23-tagmem-minutes#item06

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E