RE: Alternative to 303 response: Description-ID: header

From: Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) <skw@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:41:50 +0000
To: Ian Davis <lists@iandavis.com>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
CC: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@miscoranda.com>, "Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)" <dbooth@hp.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

A different idea, unblogged, and not mine - but belonging to a colleague is the idea of a header (pick a name) whose value is the URI of an RDF property that states a relation (:reprentationOf, :descriptionOf ... other possible relations) between the requested resource and the returned representation.  Of course, in the absense of such a header, the default value would be :representationOf.

I thought it interesting and general.

Regards

Stuart
--
Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks RG12 1HN
Registered No: 690597 England