Re: Alternative to 303 response: Description-ID: header

From: Laurian Gridinoc <laurian@gridinoc.name>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:53:54 +0000
Cc: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@miscoranda.com>, "David Booth" <dbooth@hp.com>, www-tag@w3.org
To: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson)

Hello,

Supposing that a 30x response is not explicitly disallowed to have a
body…
…what about a 30x (let's say 306) which means that the description is
in the response body, while the Location points to a  representation?

It will keep old browsers happy via the redirect, while you get the
description without any additional request.

Cheers,
Laurian Gridinoc
PhD Student, Knowledge Media Institute