Re: New Editors Draft of the httpRange-14 Finding

From: Xiaoshu Wang <wangxiao@musc.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:16:58 +0100
To: Rhys Lewis <rhys@volantis.com>
CC: "'Alan Ruttenberg'" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "'www-tag'" <www-tag@w3.org>, "'Jonathan Rees'" <jar@creativecommons.org>

Rhys Lewis wrote:
> On the specific question of whether a jpeg is a representation of
> a person, I think the consensus is no.
I think the 'no' answer is not reached by consensus but by definition.
Unless we think a person is an information resource, a person do not
have a "representation" in the web.  (That is why we need a redirect via
303/#).  The description of the person has a representation, which, of
course, can be a picture.  So, the question itself already answer the
question.

Xaioshu