Re: update "Authoritative Metadata"/ contentTypeOverride-24 based on HTML 5 spec?

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 01:53:55 -0400
Cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
Yes, see: http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/wrongWithIE/?chapter=Content-
type%3A+text%2Fplain

This bites me on a recent page I wrote where I tried to serve the
html source as a link to ".txt" copy of the source. This doesn't work
on IE. See:

http://hcls1.csail.mit.edu:8890/map/#Kcnip3@2850,Kcnd1@2800

I was trying to be welcoming to new to sparql/ajax programmers by
providing a link to the html source. But you just can't view the html
source code without writing a second copy with all sorts of things
escaped. And you shouldn't have to.

Is this what HTML5 is looking to sanction?

-Alan