First draft of TAG Blog Entry on Version Identifiers

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:56:26 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org

For those of you who follow the TAG only casually:  no, we don't have a
blog at this point, but we have been seriously discussing setting one up.
In anticipation of that, I was assigned an action item awhile ago [1] to:
"draft a blog item on possible semantics of version identifiers for review
and, pending creation of a TAG blog mechanism, post it".

This note is to announce that I have indeed prepared a first draft of such
a potential blog entry, and it's available at [2].  This is at this point
primarily for the consideration of other TAG members, but comments from
other readers of this list are welcome too.  Please keep in mind that, at
least for the moment, the opinions expressed are mine only.  Thank you.

Noah

P.S. I'll be on the road most of this week and with limited connectivity.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2007/05/31-tagmem-minutes#item04
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2007/08/versionBlog.html

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation