RE: should CSS, HTML, etc. documents bear version information? (XMLVersioning-41?)

In the case that was raised, I'd say that it was a bit more than what
Noah mentioned.  I'd say that HTML is *the* key vocabulary as it's the
container, and knowing it's version is truly useful.  Knowing it's HTML
as the "root" of a compound document is more interesting than knowing
it's HTML as part of a compound document - one example being WS-RP
messages which are SOAP messages containing HTML for portals.

Cheers,
Dave