RE: fragment identifiers and media types (was RE: XPointer considered incomprehensible)

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:12:05 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: "Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)" <dbooth@hp.com>, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, www-tag@w3.org, www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org, Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>

As I wrote earlier:
> URI philosophers will likely wave their hands and say this
> isn't a problem.

Unless everyone here wants to revisit the "URI reference theory has
nothing to do with practice debate", I'd strongly advise fleeing this
particular rathole immediately.

(Those interested in it may well want to visit the www-tag archives for
endless excitement; I especially recommend 2002 to early 2003.  Perhaps
the xml-uri archives are an even better source, though not particularly
tied to media type issues.)

Simon St.Laurent
URI escapee