RE: New draft TAG finding - Passwords in the Clear

Ed Rice writes:

> I had assumed that since SOAP uses HTTP and HTTPS that the
> relationship was implied.

I hope it's clear that Web Services only sometimes uses SOAP + HTTPS as
its security mechanism.  HTTPS is fine, if used carefully, for the one hop
connection-level security that it provides.  I think Paul is pointing out
that Web Services Security provides complementary mechanisms that secure
messages at a higher level, and that perhaps these should be considered
for at least a brief mention as a point of comparison.

Noah

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street