Re: [metadataInURI-31] New draft of metadata in URI finding includes section on malicious metadata

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:20:29 -0400
To: "noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com" <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)" <dbooth@hp.com>, www-tag@w3.org

On 10/2/06, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I take the implied (mild) criticism that the example would have
> been more compelling if browsers didn't warn, but on balance this was the
> best exposition I could come up with.

Ah, ok, I see what you were going for now, thanks.

I guess I'm a little uncomfortable with it though, because the example
(and by that I mean the first two paragraphs of 2.8), by excluding
mention of the pervasive run/cancel dialog, isn't realistic and so
users would have difficulty relating.

On balance, I think I like the draft better without that new section.
I think the authoritative metadata finding says what needs saying
about that scenario; the metadata-in-the-uri angle on it doesn't seem
to add much.  It could very well be that it's just that example that
I'm not relating to though, and another one might do a better job; not
sure.

Cheers,

Mark.