W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2006

Agenda of TAG face-to-face meeting, 4-5 October 2006

From: Vincent Quint <Vincent.Quint@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 14:24:39 +0200
To: www-tag@w3.org
Cc: Vincent.Quint@inrialpes.fr
Message-Id: <20061002142439.694f2c96.Vincent.Quint@inrialpes.fr>

All,

The agenda for the TAG face-to-face meeting of 4-5 Oct. is available:

    http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/10/04-agenda.html

Text version:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    W3C[1] | TAG[2] | Previous teleconference: 26 Sep.[3] | Next
    teleconference: 10 Oct.

Agenda of TAG face-to-face meeting, 4-5 October 2006, Vancouver, BC, Canada

    Nearby: issues list[4] - findings[5] - www-tag archive[6] - tag
    archive[7] - pending actions[8]

  Contents

       *  1. Logistics
       *  2. Recommended readings
       *  3. Agenda
             o  3.1. Administrative
             o  3.2. Issue metadataInURI-31
             o  3.3. Issue Generic-resources-53
             o  3.4 Issue passwordsInTheClear-52
             o  3.5. Issue XMLVersioning-41
             o  3.6. Issue URNsAndRegistries-50
             o  3.7. Issue namespaceDocument-8
             o  3.8. Priorities and plans

  1. Logistics

    Venue
         Opus Hotel[9]
         322 Davie Street
         Vancouver, BC V6B 5Z6
         Canada
         tel.: 604 642 6787
         More details on the logistics page[10]

    Schedule
         Wednesday 4 Oct.: 9:00 - 17:30
         Tuesday 5 Oct.: 9:00 - 17:30

  2. Recommended readings

       *  The use of Metadata in URIs[11] (1 Oct. 2006)
       *  On Linking Alternative Representations To Enable Discovery And
          Publishing[12] (updated 28 Sep. 2006)
       *  Passwords in the Clear[13] (26 Sep. 2006)
       *  URNs, Namespaces and Registries[14] (17 Aug 2006)
       *  Extending and Versioning Languages Part 1[15] (29 Sep. 2006)
       *  Guide to Versioning XML Languages using XML Schema 1.1[16] (28 Sep.
          2006)
       *  Associating Resources with Namespaces[17] (13 Dec. 2005)

  3. Agenda

  3.1. Administrative

       1. Convene, take roll, review agenda
          Regrets: Ed
          Appoint scribes for the two days, propose Dave, Henry, Norm, TV
          Approve minutes of previous teleconference[18]
          Next teleconference: 10 Oct. regrets: ?
          Next f2f: 11-13 Dec. 2006 at MIT.
          Accept this agenda?

       2. Making our calls more efficient
          How to save time on the admininstrative part of weekly calls?

  3.2. Issue metadataInURI-31[19]

    Final review of draft finding The use of Metadata in URIs[20] (new
    version 1 Oct. 2006)

    This finding should be ready for approval

    See announcement[21] from Noah and approvals from Ed[22] and Stuart[23]

    See last discussion[24] (19 Sep.)

    Pending action:

       *  NM, accepted on 19 Sep 2006[25]: Add security section on risks of
          serving executables as .jpeg to metadataInURI draft. For review and
          approval at Oct. 2006 F2F

  3.3. Issue Generic-resources-53[26]

    Final review of draft finding Linking Alternative Representations[27]
    (new version with figure[28])

    This finding should be ready for approval.

    See new figure[29].

    See last discussion[30] (19 Sep.)

    Pending action:

       *  TVR, accepted on 19 Sep 2006[31]: Produce proposed final
          genericResources draft for approval at Vancouver F2F

  3.4 Issue passwordsInTheClear-52[32]

    Review of draft finding Passwords in the Clear[33] (26 Sep. 2006)

    This is the first version of this finding (announced[34] 2 Oct.)

    See last discussion[35] (13 Jun)

  3.5. Issue XMLVersioning-41[36]

    Updated draft finding Extending and Versioning Languages Part 1[37] (29
    Sep)

    New XML Schema WG working draft Guide to Versioning XML Languages using
    XML Schema 1.1[38] (28 Sep.)

    Refer to recent teleconferences: 18 Jul 2006[39], 25 Jul 2006[40], 8 Aug
    2006[41], 29 Aug 2006[42], 5 Sep 2006[43]

    Continuing the discussion, plans for the next months

    Pending actions:

       *  DO, accepted on 22 Sep 2005[44]: with NM continue and extrapolate
          the versioning work DO et al have been doing already, updating the
          terminology section. Reconfirmed 5 Dec 2005[45], 14 Feb 2006[46],
          12 Jun 2006[47].
       *  HT, accepted on 22 Sep 2005[48]: make sure that what he is doing
          with ontology of XML infoset fits with what DanC is doing on
          ontology of Language etc. Reconfirmed on 12 Jun 2006[49].
       *  VQ, accepted on 3 Mar 2006[50]: Write to www-tag about CSS
          versioning being a problem "levels". Reconfirmed 12 Jun 2006[51].
       *  DC, accepted on 3 Mar 2006[52]: Look at the document and see if it
          is good for informing on this SMIL problem of multiple namespaces.
          Reconfirmed 12 Jun 2006[53].
       *  DC, accepted on 8 Aug 2006[54]: Review definitions of partial
          understanding, backward compatible, and forward compatible.
          Progress report[55].

  3.6. Issue URNsAndRegistries-50[56]

    Discussion of draft finding URNs, Namespaces and Registries[57]

    See last discussion[58] (26 Sep.)

    Perding actions

       *  HT, DO, accepted on 18 Apr 2006[59]: Henry and David to update
          draft finding URNs, Namespaces and Registries[60]. Confirmed 26 Sep
          2006[61].
       *  DC, accepted on 26 Sep 2006[62]: DanC to find timbl's draft, give
          it to Ivan Herman in preparation for HCLSIG meeting in Amsterdam.

  3.7. Issue namespaceDocument-8[63]

    Status check. Plans for next draft.

    See last discussion[64] (2 May)

    Pending actions:

       *  NW, accepted on 12 Jul 2005[65]: follow up on noah's message[66] on
          ns name. Reconfirmed on 10 Jan 2006[67].
       *  HT, accepted on 6 Sep 2005[68]: track progress of #int bug 1974[69]
          in the XML Schema namespace document in the XML Schema WG.
       *  NW, accepted on 10 Jan 2006[70]: propose to Jonathan Borden that he
          changes to using a file of Natures.

  3.8. Priorities and plans

    What are our priorities for the next months?

    A few people may be leaving in February. Could we try to finish the work
    they are involved in?

    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Vincent Quint for TAG
    $Revision: 1.25 $ of $Date: 2006-10-02$
--------------------------------------------------------------
[1] http://www.w3.org/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/09/26-tagmem-minutes
[4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html
[5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
[6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
[7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
[8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/actions_owner.html
[9] http://www.opushotel.com/
[10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/10/04-logistics.html
[11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/metaDataInURI-31-20061001.html
[12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/alternatives-discovery-20060915.html
[13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/passwordsInTheClear-52
[14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/URNsAndRegistries-50.html
[15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning
[16] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xmlschema-guide2versioning-20060928/
[17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/nsDocuments/
[18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/09/26-tagmem-minutes
[19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#metadataInURI-31
[20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/metaDataInURI-31
[21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2006Oct/0000.html
[22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2006Oct/0001.html
[23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2006Oct/0002.html
[24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/09/19-minutes.html#item04
[25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/09/19-minutes.html#action02
[26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#genericResources-53
[27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/alternatives-discovery.html
[28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/alternatives-discovery-20060915.html#id2263393
[29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/alternatives-discovery-20060915.html#id2263393
[30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/09/19-minutes.html#item03
[31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/07/18-minutes.html#action01
[32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#passwordsInTheClear-52
[33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/passwordsInTheClear-52
[34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2006Oct/0003.html
[35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/06/13-morning-minutes.html#item04
[36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#XMLVersioning-41
[37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning
[38] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xmlschema-guide2versioning-20060928/
[39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/07/18-minutes.html#item07
[40] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/25-tagmem-minutes.html#item03
[41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2006Aug/att-0068/08-tagmem-minutes.html#item03
[42] http://www.w3.org/2006/08/29-tagmem-minutes.html#item04
[43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2006Sep/att-0028/01-part
[44] http://www.w3.org/2005/09/22-tagmem-minutes.html#action05
[45] http://www.w3.org/2005/12/05-tagmem-minutes.html#action03
[46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/02/14-tagmem-minutes#action05
[47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/06/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action04
[48] http://www.w3.org/2005/09/22-tagmem-minutes.html#action04
[49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/06/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action02
[50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/03/03-tagmem-minutes.html#action02
[51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/06/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action06
[52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/03/03-tagmem-minutes.html#action03
[53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/06/12-tagmem-minutes.html#action07
[54] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2006Aug/att-0068/08-tagmem-minutes.html#action01
[55] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2006Aug/0084.html
[56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#URNsAndRegistries-50
[57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/URNsAndRegistries-50.html
[58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/09/26-tagmem-minutes#item02
[59] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/18-tagmem-minutes.html#item10
[60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/URNsAndRegistries-50.xml
[61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/09/26-tagmem-minutes#action02
[62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2006/09/26-tagmem-minutes#action01
[63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#namespaceDocument-8
[64] http://www.w3.org/2006/05/02-tagmem-minutes.html#item05
[65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2005/07/12-minutes.html#action01
[66] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Jun/0067.html
[67] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2006Jan/att-0003/Jan102005.html#action01
[68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2005/09/06-minutes.html#action04
[69] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1974
[70] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2006Jan/att-0003/Jan102005.html#item03

--------------
Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhône-Alpes
INRIA                               ZIRST
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@inria.fr      655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             Montbonnot
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             38334 Saint Ismier Cedex
                                    France
Received on Monday, 2 October 2006 12:38:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:42 GMT