Re: Dates in URIs?

From: Hannes Ledl / LEDL & PARTNER <hannes.ledl@ledl.at>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:43:14 +0100
To: <www-tag@w3.org>

 . we keep this sample in mind and follow your idea:
if you are going to use e.g. '2001' in you metadata you should give
these number any kind of meaning.

year/2001     -> hey, this guy will talk about 2001 ??
movie/2001    -> and here are some movies from the year 2001,
or is this is a movie named '2001'

so, the meaning of this would be much more clear as if you only use
2001 without any possibility to give the user an idea of the meaning
in which sense we are using this numbers. and up to now, it is not clear
that the 2001 is mentioned as year.

so my conclusion:

dates in the URLs are able to give further and important information,
but use this information only in combination with the theme, give this
numbers an additional meaning.

these URLs should be now clearer

projects/year/2001
movies/year/2001