Re: "The use of Metadata in URIs" and UK law

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:32:44 -0500
To: "Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)" <dbooth@hp.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) scripsit:

> That seems almost as extreme as claiming that people don't give orders,
> they merely use their vocal chords to vibrate air molecules.

"Cash registers don't really add numbers, they just grind their gears.
But then they don't really grind their gears either; they just obey
the laws of physics."  --Douglas Hofstadter (I think)

--
At the end of the Metatarsal Age, the dinosaurs     John Cowan
abruptly vanished. The theory that a single         cowan@ccil.org