RE: [metaDataInURI-31] New draft of "The Use of Metadata in URIs"

Hi Noah,

Nice work, but I wonder if this "Good practice" note is really adding
much:
[[
Good Practice: Web sites SHOULD use hyperlinks and URI metadata in a
manner that minimizes confusion for users, and SHOULD NOT misleadingly
apply common conventions for encoding type information into filenames
and URIs.
]]

Isn't it rather like saying Web sites SHOULD be designed well and SHOULD
NOT do malicious things?  It seems like kind of generic advice.

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
dbooth@hp.com
Phone: +1 617 629 8881