RE: Dates in URIs?

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 03:16:05 -0500
To: <www-tag@w3.org>

Renato:

>> Doesn't that make it even worse? - two bits of "metadata" stuck in the
same URI only one of which is about the resource.
>> Imagine I am Mary (don't try too hard) and instead of the Bus, I see the
report URL. What is "suggestive" to Mary (a non W3C person) about those 4
characters "2001"
has something to do with years. The same that Chicago is related to cities.

I completely concur with your points.  OTOH, I haven't been able to figure
out a good alternate solution.  BTW, I have no authority over the W3.ORG
path names, and I just recently got on this list.  But what I'm working on
is all about UR[IL]s.  Can you suggest a better alternative?

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/