Re: New TAG issue: TagSoupIntegration-54

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:20:41 -0500
To: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
CC: www-tag@w3.org

Mike Schinkel wrote:

> Ah, that's right, now I remember. Back a few years ago when I was pulling my
> own teeth dealing with the lack of that information in the XML DOM. It was a
> very unfortunate decision not to include them,  IMO.  :(

I actually wish a little more had been left out. The only use case that
needs this stuff is an XML editor, and that's a very special use case.
Every other example I've seen where people were trying to depend on
details like this, they were in fact doing themselves moderate to severe
damage in the process.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!