RE: dot tel - a new TLD

From: Williams, Stuart \(HP Labs, Bristol\) <skw@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:25:51 +0100
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, <www-tag@w3.org>
Cc: "Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org>, "Daniel Dardailler" <danield@w3.org>, "Thomas Roessler" <tlr@w3.org>

Hello Dan,

> I wonder if we missed a public comment period. The list of
> comment forums includes both .mobi and .tel
>   http://www.icann.org/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/stld-public-comments.htm
>
> I think we commentedon .mobi on the record, but I can't find
> it in their archive. Odd.

TimBL did respond to the ICANN request for public comments, but his post
did not appear to make it into their archives - and I have no idea
whether it was received and considered by ICANN during their review.
TimBL forward a copy of what he posted both www-tag and www-archive, see
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004May/0037>

Cheers

Stuart