Re: dot tel - a new TLD

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 08:23:18 +0200
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com

Well, point taken, but it's certainly lower-cost than spooling up a
whole new TLD.

Of course, that's partially the point; minting a TLD gives some
people an incentive, as it's effectively a land grab. Perhaps this
asymmetry could be rectified by allowing major type "owners" to
charge for media type registrations...

Cheers,