Re: The 's' in https: more trouble than it's worth? [metadataInURI-31]

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:12:23 -0500
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>

On 3/20/06, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> >   https is still needed to inform the client that privacy
> > is needed.  Upgrade only removes the need for a separate port.  I
> > explained it in detail when BEEP had the same issue, but I don't know
> > where the archives of that list went.
>
> Yet another reason to make this argument easier to find.

No luck in the HTTP-WG archives, but here's a message by Roy on the BEEP list;

http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/pipermail/beepwg/2001-June/001151.html

which is part of this interesting thread;

http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/pipermail/beepwg/2001-June/thread.html#1118

Mark.
--
Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.       http://www.markbaker.ca