RE: G(RDDL)

On 9 March, Dan wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 18:39 +0000, Misha Wolf wrote:
> [...]
> > I'm not sure whether we are misunderstanding each other or
> > whether I am misunderstanding the GRDDL document [1].  The
> > document is very terse, and I may be missing some context.
> > Please clarify how one would construct a human-readable
> > RDDL document containing links to GRDDL transform(s), among
> > other resources.
>
> OK, I'll try to dig out my RDDL/GRDDL stuff and make an example.
>
> Meanwhile, this is supposed to be covered in a section of
> a TAG finding in progress... oh... you already foud it[2].
>
> Section 3.3 "Using GRDDL" doesn't answer your questions?
> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/nsDocuments/#div.grddl

Either that draft TAG finding is broken or I'm missing something.

> Then perhaps we do need another example.

I don't think that another example will fix it.  There seems
to be a conceptual gap here.  Why does the finding have a
section called "3.3 Using GRDDL", which starts  with:
"A third approach is to use [GRDDL]"?
   ^^^^^
Why is this a separate "approach"?  Why doesn't the finding
simply offer a Purpose such as "Serves the purpose of conversion
to RDF/XML"?

> To give a link from a namespace to a transformation
> for documents that use that namespace, GRDDL coins
> this URI:
>  http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view#namespaceTransformation

So why isn't this included in the list of Purposes in the draft
finding?

> GRDDL also coins 2 other URIs that can be used as RDDL
> purposes:
>  http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view#transformation
>  http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view#profileTransformation

Ditto.